Home Depot wedding proposal guys go on “Ellen,” video has 10m views

I published a video the other day of an adorable wedding proposal that recently took place at a Home Depot in Salt Lake City.  The proposal was of a guy surprising his boyfriend with a song and dance number in lumber section.

gay-marriage-proposal-home-depot

The video in just one week has had nearly 10 million views.  And the guys just landed on the Ellen show.  The Ellen video is below the adorable photo of the post-“yes”.

gay-marriage-proposal-home-depot-2

12 Responses to “Home Depot wedding proposal guys go on “Ellen,” video has 10m views”

1. Badgerite says:

Well, good for them. Glad to hear it. Restores my faith in humanity and all that. No religion is a monolith. They are always made up of individuals who may or may not subscribe to their leaderships stated positions.

2. wmforr says:

I have a Mormon cousin who sent me a Christmas card in 2008 after decades of no contact. I sent back my “dear everyone” Christmas newsletter, which included a paragraph on Prop 8.

The next year’s card was addressed to both Joe and me and her note began with “How are you guys?” And she is very active in the church. So yeah, whatever her religious beliefs on the matter, she has no wish to beat us over the head with them.

And we have an Evangelical Church behind our property, whose young pastor has been a good neighbor to us and treated us like any other married couple.

And of course, Joe’s entire family is nominally Catholic…

3. Badgerite says:

I believe no less of a Mormon personage than Romney said so himself in a more candid moment once. And Harry Reid is a Mormon.

4. Jay says:

wow! love it! love it! love it! love it! love it!

5. JayRandal says:

I am glad to hear that some Mormons believe in tolerance of Gays.

6. Badgerite says:

Not all Mormons. It’s like the Catholic Church. The leadership does not necessarily represent the real views of its people because they don’t have to. These views are imposed from the top down. And the Pope is sounding a little more charitable these days. I wonder how the College of Cardinals elected him. Some mistake somewhere.

7. JayRandal says:

Surprise of it is in Utah. Salt Lake City is controlled by Mormons whom suppress Gays.

8. Anonymous says:

Let alone Home Depot

The fact something like that can happen in Utah gives me hope.

10. UncleBucky says: