BREAKING: New Jersey becomes 14th gay marriage state

Big gay marriage news out of New Jersey, where the state Supreme Court has ordered marriages of gay couples to begin on Monday.

New Jersey will become the 14th US state to legalize gay weddings.  More from NBC:

The New Jersey Supreme Court has ruled that the state must begin granting same-sex marriage licenses on Monday, a rebuff to Gov. Chris Christie.

Christie, a Republican, favors civil unions, which New Jersey has offered since 2007, but opposes gay marriage. The state had tried to delay the granting of gay marriage licenses pending an appeal of a ruling last month that found the state must allow same-sex couples to marry, saying that not doing so deprives them of rights that were guaranteed by the U.S. Supreme Court in June.

snoopy-happy-dance

Here’s some easy-to-digest background from Lambda Legal (the gay ACLU, as we call it here at AMERICAblog) that concisely explains what’s going on:

In 2002, Lambda Legal filed a historic case, Lewis v. Harris, seeking marriage equality on behalf of seven New Jersey couples. The case reached the New Jersey Supreme Court in 2006. The high court ruled unanimously that same-sex couples must be provided all the benefits and responsibilities of marriage, although it declined at that time to mandate that marriage was specifically required, and gave the state legislature 180 days to provide equality. The legislature hastily passed a civil union law in December 2006, and began issuing civil union licenses to lesbian and gay couples in February 2007.  In both the 2002 Lewis case as well as the current case, Garden State Equality. v. Dow, the Gibbons Firm has been a strong pro bono partner with Lambda Legal, contributing to the fight for the freedom to marry in New Jersey.

In June 2011, Lambda Legal filed a lawsuit seeking the freedom to marry, arguing that barring same-sex couples from marriage and relegating them to civil union violates both the New Jersey Constitution and the Fourteenth Amendment of the federal Constitution. This June, the Supreme Court struck down Section 3 of DOMA, and Lambda Legal filed a motion for summary judgment in the New Jersey case, arguing that by barring marriage, the state of New Jersey now denies same-sex couples the full range of federal benefits, rights, and protections available after the Windsor decision. On September 27, 2013, the New Jersey Superior Court ruled that same-sex couples in New Jersey must be allowed to marry and set an effective date of October 21.

The case has been appealed by the state and will be heard by the New Jersey Supreme Court on January 6 or 7, 2014. Because there is no stay on the decision, same-sex couples have the freedom to marry beginning on Monday.

It’s the same legal rationale as has been expressed before: Separate is never equal. I have no doubt that the federal-level overturn of DOMA also played a part, in that NJ’s civil unions did not rise to the level of federal recognition — nor does anything else that isn’t labeled ‘marriage.

Poor Republican Governor, and potential 2016 presidential candidate, Chris Christie must be fuming. Time and time again, he’s gone the “let the majority decide if a minority can have civil right” route on gay marriage.  Christie has said, through a spokesman, that he will abide by the court’s ruling, even though he said the other day that if he had a gay child, he would tell the child that marriage is between a man and a woman.  Nice dad.

Fortunately, incoming Democratic Senator Cory Booker is there to restore our faith in New Jersey politicians.  Booker, who is Mayor of Newark, says he’ll start conducting marriage ceremonies for gay couples at 12:01am this coming Monday morning.

Here’s the court’s opinion refusing to stay the marriages:

GSE v. Dow – Supreme Court Opinion on Stay Motion by Equality Case Files

Published professional writer and poet, Becca had a three decade career in technical writing and consulting before selling off most of her possessions in 2006 to go live at an ashram in India for 3 years. She loves literature (especially science fiction), technology and science, progressive politics, cool electronic gadgets, and perfecting Hatch green chile recipes. Fortunately for this last, Becca and her wife currently live in New Mexico. @BeccaMorn

270 Responses to “BREAKING: New Jersey becomes 14th gay marriage state”

1. gaxi says:

learn how you can generate 35 bucks per day from your own home. go here surveymoneymaker dot net

2. cashkom says:

America has gone astray …God is watching with great concern …a Nation that says in “God We Trust”
    Welcome To CitiGist

3. rmthunter says:

I’m sort of surprised that no one has challenged those referendums on Constitutional grounds, using Romer v. Evans as a precedent. We’re talking about Constitutionally guaranteed rights that can’t be abrogated by plebiscite. I’ll leave to the lawyers here to comment on that idea, though.

4. Nathanael says:

And in the Northeast and California, he’s the living embodiment of the caricature of an overbearing, loudmouth, overweight southerner. Doesn’t seem like a good opportunity, does it.

5. Nathanael says:

So. Monday New Jersey marriages start. Wednesay’s the State Supreme Court hearing in New Mexico. Anyone care to guess how long between the hearing and the release of the order from the NM Supreme Court covering the rest of the counties? I don’t think there’s much doubt how it’s going to come out.

What’s next? The Pennsylvania case? Perhaps the Ohio case to strike down DOMA section 2? Perhaps the Virginia case? Perhaps the Pennsylvania case will be the case to strike down DOMA section 2?

I wonder if ‘Vanessa’ knows that upon every page refresh, he’s helping to pay John to keep the blog open.

But seriously, I don’t think we were ever dealing with more than a garden variety troll homophobe, probably home-schooled by whackjob fundies, compensating with rank bigotry for all he’s worth in a futile attempt to compensate for those squoogy feelings he always gets when he sees Ryan Gosling shirtless.

7. Thom Allen says:

You should check back more often, VanASSa came back again this AM. Nothing new, In her case, it wasn’t same sh*t, different day, it was same h8, different day. She’s a dumb slug. In addition to hate mongering and being convinced that we;re going to abscond with her children, she keeps posting a link to a book that will help people “protect” their children against gays.

1. Assuming that it does work, she doesn’t seem to realize that the vast majority of child molesters are straight males. She might be better to target that audience.

2. Also, many of the readers on this site are LGBTQ. Why would we be interested in the material that she claims can protect straight’s children from us? Logically, if we were interested in recruiting children and read the book, we might learn the author’s secrets about preventing recruitment and, therefore, nullify her goals. Possibly coming up with new recruitment strategies.

Just goes to show how flawed and illogical her thinking is. Another of her many psychopathologies coming to the fore. But clear-thinking and logic are not found in psychotic religious nutjobs like her.

Maybe she’ll go to church tomorrow and her and her minister, Fred Phelps and Jeebus, will rapture the hell out of her.

8. Thom Allen says:

I lived in PA for most of my life, mostly Pittsburgh, but did live for 4 years in Philly and the burbs there. Been to Scranton and Wilkes-Barre a few times. Yeah, probably very similar to Braddock, But Braddock is tiny, population about 2500 or so if I remember from the article about the wedding. Pretty depressed area.

9. Thom Allen says:

Sure. But I don’t think it’s original with me, I’m almost positive I heard it somewhere.

“Dearest Sirs at Her Majesty’s BBC
    I have recently come
    into a great trove of Doctor Who original films. Unfortunately these
    films are being held at the Nigerian customs until I can pay the
    appropriate tarriff. Pease to send me, by Western Union, the amount of
    five hundred American dollars and I will release these artifacts to your
    address immediately.

Sincerely,
    Susan V. Tardis”

Got your profile history hon, best to move along now.

Na, just a toilet troll.

Same here vickif!

13. OOH! Braddock sound like my hometown of Wilkes-Barre, where they are still stuck in the 1930’s. The anthracite lies in the ground, the last of the mills were going when I left in 1994, and they were so proud to note that the population actually increased for the first time since the 1950’s.

YEA!!!!

15. vickif says:

Congrats to them and my son and his husband are very happy also. They are both Professors at a New York University. Neither of them are confused after 20 years together.

16. vickif says:

I’m 68 and I grew up with an openly gay uncle and his partner. They were at my house all the time. They were both dead by the time I got married and had children, so my son never knew them. I wish he had. My uncle was a wonderful man.

17. vickif says:

I’m proud to announce-tho it’s been 3 years-that my son and his partner of 17 years-got married in NY 3 years ago, so they have been together for 20 years and counting and the world hasn’t ended, May there be many more marriages by gays in the 14 states, and I’m hoping Illinois is next.

18. vickif says:

I wish it was a slap in the face to any person who says that gay marriage should be voted on by eveyone. Since we never voted on straight marriage I see no reason for everyone to vote on gay marriage.

19. olandp says:

“If ignorance is bliss, you must have just had an orgasm.”

That is wonderful, may I use it?

Sure seems like it, huh? Well, at least the troll-swarms are helping John pay the bills.

21. Thom Allen says:

Love it! Your remark, not Michele and Marcus.

Nice value judgement based on two small pieces of information.

Based on what I just read from you, I can come up with a value judgement about you, too: You’re a jerk.

He hasn’t quite given up yet. But the Mods remain on the job.

24. Jeff Eastwood says:

I just want the same rights as Michelle Bachmann — the right to marry a gay man!

25. Jeff Eastwood says:

Please oh please tell me whoever took that picture took care of that poor kitty!

26. ldfrmc says:

Perfection! Says (sings) it all.

27. DIane Angeles says:

It’s neat that so much of your family is well off ans so veddy well-to-do, I can understand why you brag about them. I bet your other family member’s brags about their sister who made 4000 comments on Disqus and spends so much time on teh internets too!

28. Stev84 says:

Technically, that’s serial monogamy.

Even if no exploitation occurs (which is frequent), there is a negative effect of polygamy – if it’s practiced on a large scale. Women become a scarce commodity and their price literally goes up. So much that men often can’t afford a wife (that is the bride price – not to be confused with the dowry). Some argue it even leads to social unrest in such countries. Though that largely doesn’t apply to the US. The biggest challenge will be keeping the fundamentalist Mormon sects from forcibly marrying young girls.

But it’s still a legal nightmare to treat everyone in such a relationship equally. Legally, polygamy only works because the women always have less rights.

29. ldfrmc says:

NJ Wedding Planner Ad: Fat “Lady.” Will sing at weddings. Between engagements as governor and presidential-wannabe.

30. Houndentenor says:

I love your pic and quote, but I’m not sure I want to live in a world in which a hug is not a valid form of repayment for kindness.

31. Whitewitch says:

Exactly-now if we could change that.

32. Whitewitch says:

I think Christie touched the President on the dais…guaranteed fail with the far right republicans. Sad, I kind-of thought Christie was coming around…I see he was only in it to get the goods for his state and then went back to sadly being Christie.

33. Whitewitch says:

I much prefer your post pappyvet to any and all posts full of hatred…thank you so much you made me tear up.

34. Thom Allen says:

Nessie,
    That presupposes that you think Narth works.
    That presupposes that you think I want to change.
    That presupposes that you THINK.
    If ignorance is bliss, you must have just had an orgasm.

35. Vanessa S says:

It’s “ignorance” if you don’t believe in the gay agenda and the homosexual lifestyle choice being allegedly innate.

Narth.com has therapy for faggotry.

36. Thom Allen says:

I think that Braddock (the town) is the site where Braddock fought his final battle with the French. Braddock is a mill town and many people living in mill towns tend to be conservative on social issues while they are strong for unions. So, having a gay wedding there is unexpected. Moving out from Pittsburgh, you start hitting pockets of Pennsyltucky and, remember, West Virginia is close at hand, too.

37. Thom Allen says:

Nessie,

Grab both of your ears and try pulling your head OUT of your ass.

38. As usual, the question is whether the Alabaman “T” will overcome the rest of the state. Dick Thornbush managed to win reelection by endorsing Reaganomics during the Reaganic Depression in 1982. (Ironically, I’m currently listening to American Top 40 on WOGL from 23 October of that year.) Alan Ertel was virtually unknown and lost by about 100,000 votes. I proudly voted against Tricky DIck twice! Corbett is next.

I’ve been to Pittsburgh twice for jobs; otherwise, I’ve never been west of State College. I was surprised that not only is there a street named after Edward Braddock, but also a suburban town. Was it sympathy for a stubborn British general who refused to listen to advice on how to fight in America in 1755?

Anyway, it’s time for someone in the Philadelphia suburbs to start marrying as well! There is a “gayborhood” in the city, and I know more than a few gays, although I doubt if any of them would want to marry. However, it is not my bailiwick, for I am a misogamist. I refuse to push my agenda on anyone else!

Back to my original observation: only Ohio and West Virginia are left. New York, Maryland, and Delaware allow gay marriage. New Jersey tips the balance of the number of states which border Pennsylvania. If we throw in Ontario across Lake Erie, it becomes even more so.

39. Vanessa S says:

Don’t forget this book can recruit proof your children from entering the homosexual lifestyle choice.

40. Vanessa S says:

Give confused sickos the same “rights” as non perverts I don’t care. Nothing will make you morally equal to non perverts.

41. Vanessa S says:

The mods can’t do anything to me. I choose when to leave and when to return. I chose to sleep for 8 hours. That is why I was absent. Your mods cannot save you from the truth about the homosexual lifestyle choice.

42. Vanessa S says:

Correction. Infinite number of IPs, infinite number of Disqus logins.

43. Vanessa S says:

You think because I chose to go to sleep for 8 hours that this is “proof” that I don’t have the ability to return infinitely to your site?

Try again.

44. Vanessa S says:

It is fascinating the lengths that a homosexual lifestyle sicko will go to claim “science has proven” their perversion is biological. Your argument is easily demolished. If what you say is true, why does this amazing biological “discovery” stay hidden at Uppsala University and not get rolled out to the masses of pregnant women? If what you say is true, where is the genetic test? Anyone can find any number of “studies” that have never led to the big breakthrough. You don’t impress me.

Official APA statement:

“There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an
    individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay or lesbian
    orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic,
    hormonal, developmental, social and cultural influences on sexual
    orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude
    that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or
    factors”

No, you perverts WANT science to prove you were born living the sodomite lifestyle choice, unfortunately for you it hasn’t proved any such thing.

Keep grasping at your bullshit studies though.

45. Thom Allen says:

Re: troll fun. You just missed Fred Phelps’ Satandaughter (who was probably a male) demonstrating her ignorance and bigotry. She quickly got really repetitive. She actually became more and more deranged the longer she posted. She went totally grandiose at the end, screaming that no one could stop her or ban her. She’d be back whenever she wanted to, we were powerless over her. Hope she’ll sign up for Obamacare and get the psychiatric help and medication she needs. But, at best, even if they do help, she’ll still be a major asshat.

46. Thom Allen says:

With Corbett’s approval rating in the toilet, I’m not sure how he could win again. With just his horrendous cute to the education budget alone, he’s gotten a lot of people pissed. Plus, his Bachmann-like comments about gays and same-sex marriage are stunning.

Montgomery County went into open revolt. Kathleen Kane gave him a major case of butthurt when she told him to take his unconstitutional attitude and stuff it in Bird-in-Hand. Then he had to coerce the Health Department and a private legal firm ($$$) to take the case. The Mayor of Braddock (Braddock!) started performing same-sex weddings. Brian Sims seems to be doing a good job of spearheading the same-sex marriage charge and rounding up his colleagues to support it, too. I think that’s showing that the grassroots in PA are getting fired up at being left out of having the same rights as straights.

47. silas1898 says:

Indeed. The only primary he might win is New Hampshire.

48. rmthunter says:

That’s rather scathing, for a court decision. It’s a real slap in the face to Christie. I translate it as “Gov. Christie, stop running for president and go back to governing New Jersey for a while.”

49. rmthunter says:

I’ve never seen that quote before. It’s great. Thanks.

50. Ooh! the homosexophobes in my state will go nuts! My native Pennsylvania is becoming surrounded. New Jersey is so close to where I live. Now if we could only get rid of the reactionary Tom Corbett…

51. ethanajh says:

Humans aren’t the only species that knows how to carry on polite conversation. Marmoset monkeys, too, will engage one another for up to 30 minutes at a time in vocal turn-taking, according to evidence reported in the Cell Press journal Current Biology on October 17. “We were surprised by how reliably the marmoset monkeys exchanged their vocalizations in a cooperative manner, particularly since in most cases they were doing so with individuals that they were not pair-bonded with,” says Asif Ghazanfar of Princeton University. “This makes what we found much more similar to human conversations and very different from the coordinated calling of animals such as birds, frogs, or crickets, which is linked to mating or territorial defense.”

In other words, both people and marmosets appear to be willing to “talk” to just about anyone, and without any rude interruptions. The discovery makes marmosets rather unique, the researchers say, noting that chimps and other great apes “not only don’t take turns when they vocalize, they don’t seem to vocalize much at all, period!”

Ghazanfar and first author of the study Daniel Takahashi were especially interested in marmosets because of two features they hold in common with people: they are generally friendly with one another and they communicate primarily by producing vocal sounds. The scientists suspected that those features would support the self-monitored give and take that a good conversation requires.

To find out, they placed marmosets in opposite corners of a room in which they could hear but not see each other and recorded the exchanges that ensued. They found that marmosets don’t call at the same time, but rather wait for about 5 seconds after one is finished calling to respond. In other words, they follow a set of unspoken rules of conversational etiquette.

Further study of the marmosets could help to explain not only why humans communicate with each other as they do but also why conversation can sometimes break down.

“We are currently exploring how very early life experiences in marmosets — including those in the womb and through to parent-infant vocal interactions — can illuminate what goes awry in human communication disorders,” Ghazanfar says.

52. Ninja0980 says:

Basically,the Supreme Court told Christie his political ambitions aren’t valid enough of a reason to delay marriage equality and the judgement today pretty much showed how they will rule in January.
    Bottom line,the lawsuit in 06 ordering civil unions to be equal to marriage can’t be met anymore,there is no other way for the court to rule but for marriage equality.
    P.S. I miss all the troll fun,darn!

53. Houndentenor says:

It’s not going to work. In the south he is the living embodiment of their caricature of an overbearing, loudmouth, overweight yankee. He’s everything people in the south hate about people from “up north”. He’s not going to do any better in the primaries than Giuliani did (and probably not as well).

54. Moderator3 says:

Fortunately, his/her/its knowledge seemed only middling.

Except when they’re hanging out at the local gay bar trying desperately to hook up with a male prostitute and a ‘teenth of meth.

56. vonlmo says:

This serves to reinforce Christie’s right-wing credibility for 2016 as he can campaign against it while playing the “moderate”

Nah, just some sociopathic punk with a handful of Disqus logins and, at best, a middling knowledge of IP proxies.

Aww, thanks Pappyvet — that’s sweet!

59. pappyvet says:

Lest we forget

Yep, tonight’s troll was mighty, mighty—maybe a Halloween zombie.

Yes, the mods are GREAT!

62. Houndentenor says:

It’s probably just a poe. Someone posing on the internet to have some fun. The problem is that it’s impossible to tell the difference between an extremist and a parody of an extremist. This is known as Poe’s law. It explains why people forward links on facebook to parody sites. The difference between the batshit crazy things Antonin Scalia or Sarah Palin actually said and the parodies thereof are too miniscule to be easily detectable.

63. Houndentenor says:

I don’t know why Michelle Bachmann would be against gay marriage. She’s been married to a homosexual for years now.

64. pappyvet says:

OK ! Gotta do it! Time for a deep breath. Bravo New Jersey ! And now for a brief musical interlude.

Thanks Becca ! Enjoy !

65. pappyvet says:

SAY! Wasn’t she in “The Gorgon” with Peter Cushing.

66. pappyvet says:

A guy disguised as a gal to vomit forth hatred at gays and lesbians…..hmm.
    Very disturbing. ;]

67. pappyvet says:

LOL !! My Gods Sis but your posts have been attracting the trolls as of late.

68. Thom Allen says:

You think she’s Larry Craig?

69. pappyvet says:

Absolutely Thom ! And I did not expect any reply at all.

I don’t think ‘she’ is a she at all. Just a pathetic, hateful little troll with too much time on his hands and too little adult supervision.

71. pappyvet says:

I don’t for a moment believe that it was a female.
    Bravo for all your work!

72. Thom Allen says:

pappyvet, “she” probably surrounds “herself” with others who have similar beliefs and delusions, much like the Phelps’ family lives in its own compound. They act to reinforce each others’ beliefs and, as a group, deny and attack opposing beliefs.

73. Thom Allen says:

Agree. But I have the garlic, Holy water, wooden stake and crucifix ready just in case.

74. Thom Allen says:

I think Vanessa is channeling Michele Bachmann. You know, Michele went even more batsh*t crazy after the shutdown died.

75. Moderator3 says:

I’m afraid that’s so.

76. pappyvet says:

Well ! That was interesting. Big round of applause for the moderators who have to deal with people driven insane by hatred .

77. Thom Allen says:

No, I think it’s inserted and shorting out. She’s showing more of her multiple psychiatric conditions in her ravings now.

78. Thom Allen says:

Is that called “Ex-Pray Therapy”?

79. Paul says:

Is “pervert” just your go-to, or have you thought it out more than that? What is it exactly that you find perverted about us?

That explains it all! Not to mention the green complexion.

81. Thom Allen says:

Vanessa, good to hear from you. After your comments at the Capitol the other night (Remember? About the Freemasons, the Constitution and that “God will not be mocked,” I was worried about you. Especially after the nice Marshalls dragged you off. Good to see you’re back and your delusions and delirium are better than ever.

No, we are liberals here. It’s OK if you rise from trailer times. We’ll be the first to buy ya Big Mac and polish your Bible.

83. Vanessa E says:

Uh Oh, I’ve got a raised wrong sexual pervert calling me names. I wonder if I am even capable of being offended by what a confused person says to me. No.

84. judybrowni says:

Vanessa has a reason to be upset: a house fell on her sister.

85. pappyvet says:

How can anyone take what you say as being anything but ramblings of an unstable mind if you don’t even have the guts to display who you really are?
    You are not a woman,clearly. So stop for a moment if you have the ability and step into the light. You are not doing anything here like this.

ROTFL…….. I was wrong, you do have a bit more stand-up material.

87. Thom Allen says:

WOW!, “She’s” gone manic now, too. Along with her drug addiction and OCD she’s having a great night.

88. Vanessa E says:

You need to work the steps that Narth.com can give you sir. Be brave and become an ex gay.

89. Houndentenor says:

LOL

90. Vanessa E says:

That book can arm parents with information to recruit proof their children.

Check it out.

On producing any scientific about MY genes, are you as “successful” at that as producing the long lost “gay gene”?

Thought so.

Nothing but a cult here. A sodomite cult where you all circle the wagon and keep the brainwashed lies intact “we were born that way, don’t let the mean person shake your mindless faith in born that way theory”.

Like I said, I think it is a great thing that they are allowing you confused sodomite perverts to have your fake little marriages and play house. Most of you are too far gone and brainwashed to even attempt to exit the homosexual lifestyle choice.

It’s only the brave souls who become ex gays and keep working the program, that I respect.

They are brave because they undo the damage of being raised wrong. Whereas you insist on remaining a raised wrong pervert sexual deviant.

91. Thom Allen says:

Sweetie, it sounds like you need the TWELVE STEPS of Narcotics Anonymous. You’re a dual diagnosis for sure, and then some.

Pass that message on to MacDonalds

93. Thom Allen says:

No, Vanessa, you’re confused. That was your brother who stiffed his drug dealer and got wasted. But at least now that you don’t have access to all of that crack and crystal, you’re starting to come around.

94. judybrowni says:

“It’ll to be easier to eat your fries, mom, if you take your arms out of the straitjacket.”

Vanessa is a turd that will take an eon to shine.

96. pappyvet says:

No. You’ve just shown a poor hate filled person . Blinded by poison and in need of help.

97. Thom Allen says:

I’d acll you the perfect ifiot, but that’s not true – you still need a lot of work.

98. judybrowni says:

“You want fries with that, mom?”

Crucifixion is also a good alternative.

100. Vanessa E says:

You seem to have some hangup on some kind of “careerist” elite position you think your raised wrong sexual deviant siblings hold. I’ve repeatedly told you, its understood people can be competent at a career and still be utterly sexually dysfunctional and perverted. It’s clear.

It’s very interesting to study your elitist snobbery in relation to fast food staffers, of which my children are not, but I wouldn’t look down my nose at them, evidently you do have a disdain for people who aren’t “rocket scientists” and “doctors” and “business executives”.

Believe me, even if your brother was a billionaire with a megayacht in the south of France, he’d still be a raised wrong, confused sodomite sicko pervert with no dignity because he fails to rectify his unnatural perversion.

I have more respect for a janitor who at least understands men and women naturally go together, and who understands what a perversion homosexual lifestyles are, then for your entire family of alleged “high achievers”.

It speaks to your obvious lack of self esteem and barely concealed shame that your sibling grew up to become perverts, that you have to recourse to their mere occupations to gloss over how utterly sexually deviant they are.

Clearly Dad was too busy being a “rocket scientist” to provide proper guidance and guide those kids away from developing sicko confused perversions. Oh to be a fly on the wall in the home where you learned unnatural sodomy is fine, and making many and career status is all.

101. Thom Allen says:

Thank you for sharing your most interesting psychopathology with us, Fred. However, if you think a book can protect your kids from becoming homosexuals, I suggest that, since they have some of your severely tainted genes, they’ll be more screwed up than you can imagine and, homosexuality would be the very least of their problems..

Now you really need to calm down. One thing that’s been proven to help psychotic religious people like you, is this: go back and have a few more rounds of anal sex with your brother. That will cause you to spawn another crop of the hemorrhoids that you refer to as your “children.” You’ll become much more maternal and calm after that.

Nobody cares where you go. In a few minutes your comic interest will be used up and you will be ignored.

Where are you watching? Do you keep a play rag as you do. Do you spy on playgrounds and flash a Bible when you raincoat opens?

Not really, your nonsense is so pathetic we are permitting you to exorcise your bitch within so you don’t beat your children like you regularly do. We’ll pray that your perversions for hate, communism and child abuse are lifted soon.

105. AnitaMann says:

Ya, as we all can agree, the best example of good hetero parenting is the compulsion to spend all day typing invective posts on a gay-politics blog, instead of, oh, feeding the young ones and making sure they don’t play with matches. Not. Let’s hope someone from child protective services takes note.

106. Vanessa E says:

Watching raised wrong perverts fail to generate a shred of proof that they aren’t raised wrong perverts is fun too.

107. judybrowni says:

Meanwhile, my sister is a doctor, my brother was a six-figure business executive, now retraining as a Ultrasound Technician.

Our father was a rocket scientist — literally! — who loves all his children.

While Vanessa’s kids are going to have to grow away from the hate and ignorance, or be forever asking, “Do you want fries with that?”

108. Vanessa E says:

You mean like when the mos were here before and “banned” me 2 times and I easily overcome them by simply pressing a button?

I see. No, correction, I’ll be gone whenever I CHOOSE to go. Just like you CHOOSE to continue being a pervert.

109. pappyvet says:

“You have not a shred of biological evidence you were “born that way”.

Researchers from UC Santa Barbara and Uppsala University found a biological basis for same-sex attraction, locating the origins of homosexuality in the womb. Epi-marks, the genetic switches that regulate how our genes express themselves, can be passed down from mother to son or father to daughter .

Now I know you will not agree because the pure hatred within you will not allow it.

110. Vanessa E says:

I clearly have created one hullabaloo

Getting a little hysterical aren’t ya honey. ?????? You are fun!

Keep coming. Nobody cares. We’ll just collect your sh*t and fertilize the freedom garden.

113. judybrowni says:

She’ll be gone by morning, once the moderators are back from going out, having fun and having a life.

114. Vanessa E says:

Stop recruiting kids

Take the 7 steps.

115. Vanessa E says:

I see you were raised wrong and brainwashed into the homosexualist agenda, its “born that way” (unproven) theory and just went with it. Because sodomy is “who you are” right?

You were born (sodomy)???

Lies.

Yawn

117. judybrowni says:

No, Vanessa you’re powerless: you stand on the beach and command the tide to turn back.

DADT dead, DOMA dying, marriage equality: thirteen states and counting…

I see they allow you computer time at the Institute.

119. Vanessa E says:

I don’t care what perverts think of me, you’re beneath non perverts, billions of people know this. You’re not serious people. You’re confused people. You don’t even understand the basics of how to live. You can’t be trusted around kids.

Hey pervert are you copying those lines off an Interstate urinal wall?

121. Vanessa E says:

Legislating to protect children from harmful gay lobby propaganda such as the failed “born that way” theory is a humane act that saves confused Russian kids from winding up like you, a product of cultural pro “gay” lifestyle brainwashing.