Viciously funny SNL take on Olympics, Russian homophobia

A viciously funny Saturday Night Live segment takes on the Russian Winter Olympics, and Russian homophobia.

It’s really good, especially the first half.  She has the perfect “Moose and squirrel” accent (that I realize might be more Bulgarian, but what the heck.)

snl-on-sochi-gay

“You go to travel agent and say ‘one ticket to Russia,’ they should slap you in the face.”

“I mean, how did the Olympics pick Russia? What was the other options: Haiti or middle of ocean?”

(I’m told that in order to better see my Facebook posts in your feed, you need to “follow” me.)

14 Responses to “Viciously funny SNL take on Olympics, Russian homophobia”

1. Steven Leahy says:

I thought this was hilarious.

2. Silver_Witch says:

Believe me it will not be alcohol…there are three better things than that!

That’s the best way to watch it, but I think Kate McKinnon would make me laugh even if I were not under the influence. I’m happy to see someone from our side on there.

I’m a little stoned right now, so please excuse any mistakes. I caught a couple.

4. heimaey says:

I highly recommend marijuana over alcohol. No hangover and a lot more laughs.

5. Krusher says:

What WAS the olympic committee thinking, anyway? Who thought letting ThugRussia be involved in any way, shape, or form was a good idea?

6. Will says:

SNL is spotty, didn’t like much in the Drake episode but Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake was all really well done. McKinnon is going to be a breakout performer.

7. markofthebeasts says:

I liked it. :)

SNL is inconsistent, but this was delightful, high-spirited and very funny. Seth Meyers and Stefon also had some good comic moments.

9. cole3244 says:

all snl skits aren’t funny but some are hilarious especially those set around the weekend update with seth meyers.

stephan & the nick cage takeoff are very funny and are remarkable in their performance.

sometimes we don’t realize what we have until it is looked at in a historical prism.

10. Silver_Witch says:

Actually pretty good eh?

11. Strepsi says:

This woman Kate McKinnon is amazing though – an out lesbian performer, with some wild characters, she is the show’s next Kristen Wiig.

12. Silver_Witch says:

Ahh I see the missing key….I am sadly not stoned and haven’t been in a number of years (I think about 20 actually). As I have said though, when I retire – I am going back to the evil ways of my youth.

13. heimaey says:

Sorry but I disagree. This season has been making me laugh. Although I must disclose that I was stoned every time I watched. In particular this made me LOL so hard. She tried to kill herself but there was a line. I don’t know why but LOL.

14. Silver_Witch says:

John, john, john…SNL is not funny anymore…and this was not funny. Sorry – had to stop watching at 2:00 minutes…sans any laughter!