“Gay no more” man arrested for fraud earlier this year

“Cured” homosexual Andrew Caldwell is facing increasing scrutiny after it was revealed that he was arrested for insurance fraud back in May of this year.

Caldwell, you might recall, was the lovely young man who, on attending this year’s pentecostal COGIC (Church of God in Christ) religious conference in St. Louis, loudly proclaimed before the assembled throng and the cameras, in quite possibly the gayest voice known to man:

“I’m not gay no more. I’ve been DELIVERED! I don’t like mens no more! I said I like women! Women women women women!

If you haven’t seen it, the video of his deliverance is something to behold:

As you can imagine, there was some skepticism as to whether Mr. Bow-Tie-And-Paisley was truly cured of The Gay. Well, now we know from the CBS affiliate in Atlanta that Caldwell was arrested earlier this year for insurance fraud. I found his mugshot online:

gay-no-more-caldwell-mug-shot

His church is now defending itself, issuing a statement that was clearly defensive. So defensive in fact, the church felt the need to speak out agai˜st anti-gay violence:

A video, which is now viral, of a young man stating his deliverance from a particular lifestyle does not, in any capacity, speak to all of the remarkable things that transpired during this great church convention. We believe that we should reflect the love and compassion of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in all that we do. We do not in any way compromise our biblical position against same sex unions or in favor of biblical teaching on matters of sexual conduct.

At the same time we expect that our clergy and laity will be civil and considerate as they speak to men and women regarding issues related to our Christian faith. We love all people, regardless of their faith or moral standards. When we fail to express ourselves with love and humility we contradict our witness to the world. Furthermore, the Church of God in Christ wholly condemns acts of violence against and the subjugation of any person to verbal or physical harassment on the basis of their sexual stance. Such actions violate entirely the Christian’s obligation to love our neighbor as we love ourselves.

The Church of God in Christ will have no further comment on this matter.

Well, where do you think the violence comes from?

PS If you didn’t seem them in my earlier post, do check out the wonderful response to Caldwell:

37 Responses to ““Gay no more” man arrested for fraud earlier this year”

1. Sean says:

He is hilarious, but that’s because he’s over-acting so badly, as hucksters often do.

That almost goes without mentioning, but sure. ;-)

3. BillFromDover says:

Not to mention general fucktardness?

4. BillFromDover says:

Oh, c’mon.

Couldn’t this simply be that they picked on the wrong guy to gay-cure?

I thought this guy was hilarious and deserves, at least, honorable mention in some hall of whateverthefuck..

5. BillFromDover says:

If that ain’t the gayest fuckin’ mugshot in the whole, wide world, I don’t know what is.

6. Sean says:

I think you’re right. In fact, watching the clip, it reminded me of old commercials from the 1990’s where “real people” gushed about the “real psychics” you could talk to, for a fee, on various psychic hotlines.

Only homophobic trolls use the phrase “acted homosexual.” You are a liar and a troll. You signed up for Disqus solely to tell this lie on this site. It was your first post.

8. Bull Winkle says:

Oh, please. Do you people really think preachers walk around with $100 in their pockets? Not only is he an insurance fraud, this whole scene was a fake, the church paid him for it & now they’re lying about it. They’re not just going to Hell. They’re going to Deep Hell

9. Bull Winkle says:

This seemed so bizarre, I caught myself thinking, “This would never happen in my country,” but I live in The States. To all my foreign friends, this is just as bizarre to me as it is to you. Awl dem sweaty menz

10. AnitaMann says:

Right. And find the time to buy just the right lilac paisley blazer. Something is funny here.

11. Island In The Sky says:

I also laughed from the vid when his voice trembles with revulsion after saying “women, women, women, women!”, like he can’t completely hide his lie, heh heh.

12. LOL that’s good, that one took me a second!

13. Island In The Sky says:

You know, technically Andrew was telling the truth…oh, those grammatical double negatives!

Gotcha!

Yeah, that seems to be where a lot of “ex-gays” are spotted, in a gay bar somewhere after they’ve been “delivered”. Maybe that’s why it was so easy to believe your snark :)

15. Stop. You had me at, “I don’t like mens no more!”

16. Naja pallida says:

That’s not acting “homosexual”, that’s just being an asshole.

17. Ben says:

I mean he has made sexually inappropriate comments to employees of the same sex

18. ericxdc says:

they just love us to death.

literally.

“Acts very homosexual”??? You mean he has sex in your place of work? Where in the world do you work?

20. Entertainmentluvva says:

i can’t at that remix #dead

21. Ben says:

I live in St. Louis and he has come into my place of work before, what is on the video is not an act, he acts very homosexual and is a horrible customer.

22. BlueIdaho says:

Sorry I didn’t make my comment clear. It was meant as a joke/snark. As has been proved many times over, men who claim to have been “cured” or “delivered” from homosexuality usually at some point end up in a gay bar somewhere. :-)

How did you find that out? I just can’t believe he’s gay to start with. His being there would likely be fraudulent effort to “save some souls”.

Regardless of his orientation, I think that he’s scamming to make the most out if his 15 minutes of fame.

24. djny10003 says:

This is his second fraud of the year (at least).

I call bullshit on this whole thing.

The “deliverance” video (yeah, I did that on purpose) was carefully rehearsed right down to the music.

Look at his appearance in the mug shot. Totally different than his appearance in the video. The outfit (costume?) he was wearing for his dramatic march to the altar was something that someone thought “looked gay”.

No, there’s going to be a lot more to this story. It will likely involve even more fraud (which fits right in with most religion, don’cha think?).

26. BlueIdaho says:

News Flash: Andrew Caldwell was spotted in a popular Atlanta gay club last night. He was trying to go incognito wearing makup and carrying a purse.

27. Butch1 says:

Hiding your “true” orientation can age you.

28. Butch1 says:

He was a “busy” young man. Now he can find time to be busy with all those fantasy “womens” in his head.

29. Naja pallida says:

More like pamphlets. Most of them are like 30 pages long, and all are self-published with the web service CreateSpace. Which essentially allows anyone to publish a “book”, with no editing, and no kind of approvals required. My pet mongoose could be a published author too, with that kind of criteria.

30. Butch1 says:

Then we go wash our hands and have a nice Sunday dinner. Preaching hate is a tiring profession.

31. Butch1 says:

Janis Joplin’s tune, “Try” just popped” into my head when I watched those two videos. What a scream! Did he expect to make a living going on the circuit with this “dog and pony” act? Perhaps after he serves his time in the pokey. (no pun intended.) ;-)

He said in the “deliverance” video that he was 21 — and a published author with 20 or so titles to his credit. How did he find time to be gay?

“I’m not gay no more. I’ve been DELIVERED!”

My admittedly shallow response: Pizza is delivered. Go-go dancers are delivered. You, sir, are not delivered—anywhere—nor should you be.

I stopped reading when they referred to being gay as a “lifestyle” and a “sexual stance,” although the usual absurd remark about relying on “biblical” teachings for being against same sex marriage did make me laugh out lout.

This “Church of God in Christ” looks to be heavily minority dominated — do they have even an inkling that claims of relying on biblical teachings were also used as justifications for both slavery and segregation?

35. 2karmanot says:

“We love all people, regardless of their faith or moral standards.” And then we condemn them to suffer being burned alive in ever lasting hell. Amen

36. HereinDC says: